Anapico Apsin 20G Portable 20 GHz low-noise and fast-switching Microwave Signal Generator
The APSIN20G is a low-noise and fast-switching microwave signal generator covering a frequency range from 100 kHz up to 20 GHz+. The lowest settable frequency is however as low as 100 kHz with some reduced maximum output power. The APSIN20G a wide and accurately levelled output power range and high spurious uppression. Advanced frequency synthesis with fractional-N divider makes for low SSB phase noise and micro-Hz frequency resolution.
Power level extension is available to accurately level down to -90 dBm.
The APSIN20G includes AM, DC-coupled, low distortion wideband-FM, PM, FSK and PSK, frequency chirp, and fast pulse modulation with internal pulse train generator as standard. Three internal modulations sources are available. All modulation modes of the APSIN20G can be combined. This allows the generation of complex modulation signals for modern communication and location systems. The combination of pulse modulation and FM simulates Doppler effects or chirp signals. Simultaneous AM and pulse modulation provides the types of signal occurring in pulse radar applications with rotating antenna. The combination of FM and AM can be used to check fading effects of FM receivers.
The APSIN20G allows fast analog and digital sweeps including flexible list sweeps, where frequency, power and dwell times can be set individually. A flexible triggering capability simplifies synchronization within test environments. The APSIN20G operates with an ultra-stable temperature compensated 100 MHz reference (OCXO) to ensure minimal drift, and can be phase-locked to any stable external reference in a range from 1 to 200 MHz. Additionally, optimum phase synchronous signals can be achieved by feeding a 100 MHz reference directly as reference.
The APSIN20G support various standard interfaces such as USB-TMC, LAN, and GPIB. It is targeted for applications where a high-quality CW microwave source with versatile modulation is required. It offers an alternative to expensive high-end microwave signal generators, where small size and excellent microwave performance at an attractive cost is required.
- R&D low noise microwave source
- Production testing (industry-leading switching times; high dynamic range)
- Service and maintenance (battery operation)
- Signal simulation (Radar, WiMax, UWB)
- Aerospace & Defence (Pulse modulator, Chirps)
- Remote programming interfaces
- Ethernet 100BaseT LAN interface,
- USB 2.0 host & device
- GPIB (IEEE-488.2,1987) with listen and talk (optional)
- Control language SCPI Version 1999.0
- Power requirements 6 VDC; 20 W maximum
- Mains adapter supplied: 100-240 VAC in/ 6V 2.5A DC out
- Operating temperature range 0 to 45 °C
- Storage temperature range –40 to 70 °C
- Operating and storage altitude up to 15,000 feet
- Safety/EMC complies with applicable Safety and EMC regulations and directives.
- Weight ≤ 2.5 kg (6 lbs) net, ≤ 4 kg (8 lb.) shipping
- Dimensions 106 mm H x 172 mm W x 220 mm L
- [4.21 in H x 6.77 in W x 8.66 in L]
- Recommended calibration cycle 24 months
- PE3: Extended power range down to
- B3: battery module (not available for 1U APSIN20RM)
- GPIB: IEEE-488.2,1987 programming interface (not available for 1U APSIN20RM)
- TB: improved internal reference stability (±30 ppb over temperature)
- RM: 19’’ rackmount enclosure: good for one or two adjacent APSIN (3000, 6010, 20G)